Grafton Optical is one of the UK's leading suppliers of ophthalmic instruments, equipping and servicing independent and larger chain opticians as well as Britain's hospitals.
To view our extensive portfolio of products, please visit the Grafton Optical website where you can browse our range of diagnostic and refraction equipment, furniture, practice essentials and the specialist Grafton Dry Eye Centre.
We also have a range of refurbished pre-owned equipment that is also available to view on the website.
Sign up on our website and keep up to date on all of our latest industry news and events
For more information or to arrange a quote or demonstration of any of our products please email email@example.com or call us on 01923 233980.
2018 Product highlights
Eye Refract – Visionix
Exclusively available in the UK through Grafton Optical the newEye Refract by Visionixhas revolutionised the practice of refraction, offering a highly customised experience with quick, accurate and reliable measurements. Eye Refract brings the average time of a standard refraction down from 8-10 minutes, to 2 minutes and is expected to have a big impact on the industry.
• Perfect visual acuity in less than one minute - less dedicated time for refraction, more time to interact with patients
• Accurate and reliable prescriptions offer maximum patient comfort in less time
• Monocular measurement in a binocular environment offers a more precise and comfortable prescription based on individual visual behaviour
• Real time lens adjustment based on patient brain reactions
• Distance and near vision measurement
• Fully automatic eye tracking and auto-focusing
• Based on patented Wavefront Technology developed by Visionix®
• Controlled by a Wi-Fi enabled tablet remote which allows the operator freedom of movement
• True addition which takes into account real distance results in unmatched comfort for patients
• Easy-to-use refractive instrument featuring highly repeatable results independent of operator, patient, or methods used
Please click here for videos.
E-Eye – ESW Vision
Exclusively available in the UK and Ireland through Grafton Optical, E-Eye uses patented IRPL® (Intense Regulated Pulsed Light) technology specifically designed for the treatment of Dry Eye due to Meibomian Gland Dysfunction (MGD).
As well as being available for purchase, Grafton Optical also offer an E-Eye rental scheme throughout the UK and Ireland. For further information and pricing please contact Grafton Optical on firstname.lastname@example.org..
E-Eye uses a unique patented Intense Regulated Pulsed Light (IRPL®) technology to help regenerate the function of the Meibomian glands and improve the quality of their secretions. This new type of polychromatic pulsed light produces perfected calibrated and homogenously sequenced light pulses which stimulate the parasympathetic nerves.
This in turn encourages the Meibomian glands to restore their natural lipid flow, reducing tear evaporation and preventing the eyes from becoming dry.
In most cases, Dry Eye symptoms will significantly improve after 3 sessions, carried out over 45 days (Day 0/ Day 15/ Day 45). For 60% of patients results can last up to 3 years.
• Painless, non-invasive and affordable
• Fast results – sessions are completed in a matter of minutes
• Clinical studies with a 90% satisfaction rate on the first 2 sessions
• 95.7% of patients recommend the treatment
• 55% of patients don’t use eye drops anymore
• 82.6% of patients have symptom improvements
Brian Bowles, Chairman of Grafton Optical says “We have seen huge interest and success with the E-Eye since its launch in the UK last year. It offers huge benefits not only to patients suffering from MGD related Dry Eye but also to practices wishing to increase their income.”
E-Eye is 100% developed and made in France by ESW Vision, the world’s largest IPL device manufacturer.
Please click here for videos.
Ocular Response Analyzer® G3 - Reichert
7CR Auto Tonometer + Corneal Response Technology - Reichert
Make a more confident glaucoma risk assessment, with Corneal Hysteresis.
The Ocular Response Analyzer® G3 (ORA) by Reichert is the only tonometer that measures Corneal Hysteresis (CH), a superior predictor of glaucoma progression. Corneal Hysteresis is an indication of the biomechanical properties of the cornea differing from thickness or topography, which are geometrical attributes.
• Unparalleled user experience - a single touch of the intuitive user interface initiates fully automated alignment and measurement
• Advanced features ensure confidence, reliability and efficiency
• Non-contact operation saves time and money
• Patented air pulse to ensure maximum patient comfort
The 7CR Auto Tonometer + Corneal Response Technology utilises a patented bi-directional applanation process to characterise the biomechanical properties of the cornea and reduce their impact on the IOP measurement.
This measurement, referred to as Corneal Compensated IOP (IOPcc) is minimally affected by corneal visco-elastic properties, thickness, or surgical procedures such as LASIK or PRK. As such, IOPcc is a better indicator of glaucoma than other methods of tonometry, including Goldmann Applanation.
• Easy-to-use, touch screen interface
• Completely automated alignment
• One-touch, triple measurement mode
• Clearly displays all measurement data
• Internal printer simplifies record keeping
• Electronic data transfer via USB port
Nexy Retinal Imaging System – Next Sight
Looking ahead is important. Being ahead is essential…
Exclusively available in the UK through Grafton, the Nexy Retinal Imaging System is an automated non-mydriatic retinal camera, capable of delivering high definition colour images of the ocular fundus with a 45° angle of view.
High quality images
The images taken by Nexy are extremely clear and detailed thanks to the optical filters in the device. Nexy's new technology allows you to obtain high-quality images even on patients with opacities or small pupils. The user can then make a detailed analysis of the presence of possible pathologies.
Beyond human speed
Nexy can capture images of the fundus oculi with a 45° field-of-view angle, automatically and in less than 15 seconds, requiring no human intervention. This reduces the time and energy of technical staff and allows Nexy to be operated by anyone
To see more on the Nexy, please click here.
Ocular Surface Analyser (OSA) – SBM Sistemi
The Ocular Surface Analyser (OSA) offers a full assessment of the ocular surface through a combination of tests for dry eye diagnosis, from tear break up time to the tear volume production test. It allows the analysis of the Meibomian glands, as well as various measurements and classifications according to international grading scales. The OSA easily and efficiently integrates complex examinations such as meibography and tear film interferometry screening.
Dry Eye is commonly caused by Meibomian Gland Dysfunction (MGD). OSA shows the morphological changes in the glandular tissue and the system analysis of images obtained through the sensitive infrared camera (NIR) allows guided evaluation of:
• The presence and distribution of the Meibomian glands in the upper and lower eyelids
• The extension of the area with normal glands
• The percentage of the areas with or without altered glands
• The “absent” and “present” areas of different colour
Meibography, viewing the glands through trans-illumination of the eyelid with infrared light, allows the user to evaluate the morphology and drop out of the Meibomian Glands and to make an accurate MGD diagnosis.
The integrated software allows the user to analyse the functional and non-functional areas, and to evaluate the extension of the affected areas.
OSA provides complex lacrimal analysis that allows quick and detailed structural research of the tear composition. OSA makes it possible to identify the patient’s type of dry eye disease and determine which deficient layers (lipid, aqueous or mucin) should be treated.
To view the SBM Sistemi OSA video, please click here.
I-PEN® Tear Film Osmolarity System – I-MED Pharma
I-PEN® is the world’s first, hand-held, point-of-care, solid state electronic diagnostic device to detect and indirectly measure the elevated tear film osmolarity levels associated with mild, moderate and severe Dry Eye Disease.
• Quantitative measurement of osmolarity
• Affordable point-of-care test
• Quick and simple to use (takes less than 5 seconds per eye)
• Reproducible, accurate and reliable results
• Uses Single-Use-Sensors (SUS)
The I-PEN® is designed for use as an in-practice screening device both for patients presenting with dry eye symptoms and for all pre-and post-surgical patients. In addition, the I-PEN® is an invaluable asset for monitoring the progress of dry eye treatment therapies. The I-PEN® is for professional in-vivo diagnostic use only.
The I-PEN® complements Grafton’s growing portfolio of Dry Eye Disease diagnosis and treatment products and devices. The Grafton Dry Eye Centre provides a one-stop-shop for optometrists and ophthalmologists wishing to offer their clients a specialist Dry Eye service.
To see more on the I-PEN® please click here.
To register your interest in a demo of any of our products please email email@example.com or call us on +44 (0)1923 233980 and a member of the team will be happy to help you.
To view our full product range and download our brochures, please click here.