BCLA launches new year-round app
The British Contact Lens Association (BCLA) has launched its brand new, year-round mobile app for all BCLA news and events, including its flagship Clinical Conference & Exhibition.
Unveiled at the Association’s inaugural Pioneers & Visionaries Conference, held on Monday 17 November in London, the new app builds on the success of the first-ever BCLA app launched earlier this year ahead of the 2014 BCLA Clinical Conference and Exhibition in Birmingham.
“After the successful pilot launch of a mobile conference app for #BCLA2014, we are pleased to announce a brand new BCLA app that will cover not just the 2015 Clinical Conference but all ongoing BCLA events and activities,” said BCLA Marketing Manager, Toby Bowers.
“It will ensure the global contact lens community members have all the key information they need about all BCLA events and activities in the palm of their hand – and while on the move,” Toby added.
Key features of the new BCLA app:
• Regularly updated conference programme
• Ability to create a personalised schedule
• Ability to view interactive floor plans of the conference and exhibition
• Speaker biographies and lecture abstracts
• Live voting during lectures
• Note-making facility
• Access to clinical poster submissions
• User profile and networking via social media and in-app messaging
Download the BCLA app on the Google Play Store for Android and the Apple iTunes Store for iOS devices.